Friday, November 18, 2011

Raffle Jeans Tutorial

Morning everyone, today I am going to show you how I make those raffle jeans for my daughter's outfits. They are really simple to make and look way cute when she wears them. I have already made her three of them from Jeans that are a bit too short but still fit in the waist. It add a little something to her wardrobes and he can wear her jeans for a little longer:)

So since I really suck at giving directions, I tried my bed to take as many pictures to explain as I can...Hope you will find them useful and make one...They take about 15 to 30 min depend on if you sew it upside out and need to cut it off and redo it ( ha ha ha!).  

 My pair of jeans that I cut off the very tip of the bottom because trying to sew it will be way too hard on my machine and will keep it a bit smoother.
  Then I measured two piece of fabric 12 inches each.

 Them I sew the edge using the longest stick on my machine and after I was done...I tied one end of the tread so it wouldn't undo the titch that I made and use the other end to pull on one trad and make the raffle ( hope that made any sense)

 Then it was time to sew them together which made it look like a sleeves...I don't know the name of the stitch so I took a close up pic so you wan see it better.

 Then I use pins to pin my fabric to the jean and getting it ready to be sew together...Careful not sew it inside out, so you have to make sure the in side of the fabric is facing you.
 Then sew it together and you are ready for your cutie to go and show off your newest creation.

 And here is the finishing product...Pretty cute, huh!

Let me know if you have any questions and I will try my best ti answer... Sorry if my explanations are not so great but I hope at least the pictures help a bit. Also, if you know the name of those stitch, feel free to leave the names and it will be really appreciated.

Please let me know if you make one and leave the link so I can see :)

PS. This tutorial is for personal use only.





Will share HERE

3 Lovely Note(s):

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

How cute and creative! I can't sew and have all boys, but I'm impressed!

Unknown said...

so cute! thanks for sharing. have a lovely weekend... ^^)

Unknown said...

These are so cute! Thanks for sharing such a great idea! I'm your newest follower from the Sassy Sites Party. If you get a chance, I'd love you to stop by my blog & maybe follow along too!
Sally
loveofhomes.blogspot.com