Friday, May 20, 2011

School Girl's Skirt and Matching Tote Bag

I made this cute skirt for Princess G last ans let just say, it was a bit of challenge since I was making it up as I go along...I should learn to follow direction... After sawing and cutting and undoing ( a lot) I finally got and I must say, turned out way too. This got to be my Favorite skirt I've made  for Princess G and I am even thinking making me a matching one ( we'll see if i still remember how i did it). After I was done with the skirt, I decided to make a matching tote bag which turned out way cute. It is really soft because I put bathing inside , she already fill it in with her two big eyes stuff puppy that Loves so much.
I am starting to really enjoy this whole sawing , I am having a whole lot of fun and I am surprisingly getting a lot better without  using pattern.  
 I add ribbons to it because I feel like I need a trademark (if that is what they call it) since I like to make bows, I usually put ribbons on everything. See how my straight line sawing is getting a lot better :)

 Here is the tote bag, again I added bows because I decided that will be my thing ( if anyone know what work I am looking for let me know). I LOVE  the fabric and all the color combinations and the flowers...It is even prettier in person :)


 Ignore the little hand trying to take the skirt, she really love it :)

 She thought it was more fun sitting down or running away while I try to take a few pictures of her...She was actually laughing the whole time...Little stinker, so I have a whole lot of blurry pictures :(

Would you like a tutorial for the tote bag? I am not sure I could do one for the skirt, maybe one day, when I get much better and comfortable with my sawing machine!

Linking HERE
Have an awesome weekend everyone!

22 Lovely Note(s):

Connie the crafterbug said...

Suze,
This is awesome! I love it! You did a great job! This is off subject,but I saw you haiti shirt post. Are you from there? Did you grow up there?
Connie

Emily said...

Okay girl if I ever have a girl I'm just going to hire you to make cute little things! That rocks!

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Suze, WOW! These look amazing. And of course, when we take pictures of our little girls, I don't know why they love to run and do comic stuff while giggling endlessly. Thanks for linking up at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle said...

These are gorgeous Suze! I love the fabric you used, too cute!

Cidinha said...

Hi, Suze

I love it! Very beautiful!

hugs
Cidinha

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness! The skirt and tote are just gorgeousness! Love the fabric and ribbon is such a cute trademark!

Daniella said...

You have done it again friend!! That pleated skirt is awesome!! So much fun with bright colors! And the bag? fabulous!! You should add those bags to your etsy shop!!
xxDaniella

Crafts a la Mode said...

Isn't this sweet? Nice and full skirt.

Becky Jane said...

Your skirt and bag are so cute...especially when being worn by your sweet little model!

New Follower!
Thanks, Becky Jane
http://RiseAboveYourLimits.blogspot.com/

Jill said...

The fabric is beautiful - the skirt gorgeous and the matching bag just adorable! Your sewing skills are pretty impressive - and love your trademark ribbon!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

LP aka A Crafty Southern Chick said...

Suze...you are so talented!!!

Anna said...

That is SO adorable!!! This makes me with that I had more time to sew.

Thanks for sharing at the Weekend Warrior link party!

Anna
www.askannamoseley.com

Whit said...

That skirt is just so adorable. Thank you for sharing

A Mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

love...totally adorable. love the fabric:)

http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/

Stephanie McDonnell said...

Too cute! Thanks for linking up to our Throwback Thursday party.

Luxe Boulevard
http://luxeboulevard.blogspot.com/2011/05/throwback-thursday-features.html

Unknown said...

do you make those in my size?

Unknown said...

So pretty suze! And I am sure your princess love them! Do check the blog today as I am featuring these lovelies plus you made it to TSWL's finest Round 4. votation starts tomorrow! Have a great weekend, doll!

Unknown said...

love this fabric!!

Alison @ mommadidit.blogspot.com said...

This skirt is adorable! And every little girl MUST accesorize with a matching purse!

Unknown said...

Those are adorable and the pattern is so fun! Thank you for linking with Air Your Laundry Friday! - Jami

D+B said...

Love your blog!! I am your new follower :) if you would like to follow me @ for.the.luv.of.blogspot.com that would be great :) I am just starting out, but I am excited to share new recipes, crafts, and makeup..

AllieMakes! said...

Super cute! Love that fabric!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com