Thursday, March 10, 2011

How to make a board hair bow holder.

I was running out of room of my daughter's hair bow holders ( 2 of them, I know. . . I have a hair bow addiction) that I made a while ago, so I decided to make something bigger. I saw some HERE but I pretty much made it my own way ( can't follow instructions very well), here is how I did and hope you will find it useful.

  • Materials need
  • Canvas ( size of your choice)
  • Fabric
  • Hot Glue Gun ( with a burned finger, OUCH)
  • Ribbons


I use my hot glue gun to cover the canvas with your choice of fabric, you can also use staples. It is brown and pink to match baby girl's other hair bow holders.
Then measure you ribbons to go across ( don't forget to burn the end of you ribbons), you can pick how far apart you want them to be from each other. I even add a cute bow on top because I am crazy and want to put a bow on anything. The brown ribbon in the left, I use velcro to keep it together so it can be detachable to put Pony'O and the one in the left I also use velcro and it is for headbands.
And here is the finishing product, really happy about how it turned out and plus I can make even more bows for baby girl!
Let me know if you have any questions. I also will love to see if you make one, so send me a link or pictures.

Happy Crafting Everyone!



14 Lovely Note(s):

Unknown said...

Great job! Creative use of velcro for the holders.
Here from Naptime!

Becky Barrett Beitzel said...

i love this! thanks so much for sharing my daughter sure could use one of these!

newest follower :)

I would love a follow back
http://bisforbeitzel.blogspot.com/

Pam @ Our Adventures in Home Improvement said...

Very cute!

I'm here from Debbiedoo's party and am your newest follower.

Have a great day.
Pam

Debbiedoos said...

That is really cute. Velcro is awesome in crafting. Thanks for joining my newbie party. Have fun!!~

The Polka Dot Closet said...

To cute! I love polka dots! Wish I had a girl.
I found your through Debbie Doos, I am your newest follower and hope you will follow me back.

Carol

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Great job and very creative!! Martina

Andrea @ Addicted2Tutes said...

I've made a small one, but you've inspired me to make a larger one for our bathroom. Another thing for the to-do list! I'm your newest follower, feel free to visit my blog and follow at www.addicted2tutes.blogspot.com

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

So cute! I could make these for my granddaughters (I have 4 of them)!

Daniella said...

I LOVE your hair bands and bows, you know that!! And your gorgeous daughter looks awesome every time she wears them!!
The board is a fabulous idea!!
xxDaniella

Ann-Marie ~ Brambly said...

What a wonderful project! I wish I had something like that when my girls were still young and I was knee deep in "hair pretties" as they called them.I'm going to pass on your blog post to my friends with young daughters. Have a great day.

Ann-Marie

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this. I have made ones a bit different using old frames and could never come up with a good idea on how to incorporate a headband and pony tail holders. Velcro Thank you sooooooo much for sharing!!!
Jess
jbeedelightful.blogspot.com

April said...

Very cute! Great tutorial!

Unknown said...

what a great and pretty way to organize your princess' hair accesories! will be featuring this on saturday! thanks for linking up! I look forward to seeing you this week again!

Unknown said...

thanks for spreading the news about my donation drive... I really appreciate it!


Hugs,
Lelanie