Friday, April 8, 2011

Pettiskirt

I found the tutorial HERE on how to make this fluffy pettiskirt. She explained really well and make it super easy to follow. It took me about 6 hours to make and a whole lot of sewing and ruffling but I got it done and LOVING it. I really like the color but next time, I will need to use a different type of chiffon (a non-fray chiffon) because I did not finish off the edge ( too much work)and now they are little peaces of strings hanging on the bottom. . . Still way cute though.
 Not bad for a first try!!! Right?!
 Look at all that fluff!
 I am totally making her a second one for her Birthday :)
 I even find a very cute little model to show it off :)
 Sooo, what do you think?

PS. no glue for my glue gun. . . Life as we know has come to an end!!!! have to wait until tomorrow to get more. 
Will be linking to these parties

15 Lovely Note(s):

Connie the crafterbug said...

Suze,
I love it! I love the colors too! Thank you for sharing that link. Thanks for visiting my blog too.
Connie

Blue Velvet Chair said...

Came over from To Sew with Love. So super cute! My daughter would LOVE this!
Michael
bluevelvetchair.blogspot.com

Brooke & Tesfa said...

I just ordered the material I need to make a pettiskirt! Loved looking at your pictures. I'm now following your blog. :) please feel free to check mine out

www.bloggersherma.blogspot.com

Jill said...

Absolutely gorgeous! My daughter is just looking at it with me and wants me to make one for her!!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle said...

Naww, such a cute model! I love the colours you used on the tutu, it just looks adorable! Thanks so much for linking this up!

Natalia Lynn said...

I love it! I need to make one for my niece. Thanks so much for linking up!

Unknown said...

I love it!! He more ruffles, the better :)

Miranda
www.justdrinkacoke.blogspot.com

DIYbyDesign said...

What an adorable skirt. Really cute. Thanks for sharing at my Swing into Spring party.

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

That is darling...

Hope you got your glue!

Thanks for linking to Creative Juice! Hope to see you back this week

April said...

Came out super cute. You have to order nylon chiffon to keep it from fraying. I can send you the link to my supplier if you want...you can even buy it in rolls like tulle so you just have to cut your lengths!

Unknown said...

You're amazing! I would not try this. You did a great job!! Thanks for linking up!

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Such a colorful and beautiful skirt! Great job! Thanks for sharing this at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)

Unknown said...

I love the pretty colors and I love the skirt but I love your model the most! thanks for sharing, lady! ^^)

Misty @Creative Itch said...

I ADORE this pettiskirt!! Thanks for linking @"Sew Cute Tuesday"! I'll be featuring you tomorrow, so be sure to stop by and grab a 'featured' button!

cherished bliss said...

I just love this!!

Please come share at my party!!
http://www.cherishedbliss.com/2011/04/craft-and-tell-tuesdays-1.html