Friday, July 8, 2011

Guess Post by MJ from My Lucky 7 Desigh

I have a special guess for you guys today. her name is Melanie or MJ and have an awesome post for you today...Go get to know her and check out her awesome stuff out, you won't regret it :) 
We meet on Circle of Mom and found out that we have two look-alike princesses, she is a very sweet lady and my inspiration to be more creative and supportive of other crafters 
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` 



Well let me tell you who I am and what Im doing here.    My name is Melanie (a.k.a. MJ) and Im the creative force behind LUCKY 7 DESIGN BLOG.   



Im the mother of 5 and Im happily married to my knight is shining armor! My children are my pride and joy and I have a 2nd blog dedicated to them and how I keep my family stylish on a budget.  I also share product review information and anything fun regarding fashion, art, parenting, motherhood, housewives and children. You can find me over at MAMA J AND HER FASHIONISTAS BLOG.    I'm also the parent to a child diagnosed with Autism so I share sometimes the challenges that it brings.

Currently Im a stay-at-home, work-at-home mom.  Im a former visual merchandiser for retail store like New York & Co, The Children's Place, Gap.  I still have that passion and so now I use it in home styling.   Im always redesigning the rooms in my home, but I also do redesigns for family, friends.  You can check out one of them HERE or HERE

I have a love for history and for vintage....Im the person who holds on to buttons, broken pins, letters with cool stamps, napkins.   I know that somehow I will use it for something.......and I DO!  I also go out with friends or my daughter on what I call Junkin Drive-bys.   On my blog I share all the things that I do with my treasures and how you dont need to have a million dollars to create a home you love and are proud to show.

Here are some of my treasures

I have 2 Etsy shops....


LUCKY 7 DESIGN is where you will find my handmade line of home accessories made from vintage linens and recycled materials.   I also collect and sell lots of vintage items and you will find some treasures in my shop too.   I believe there is something for everyone and I keep my pricing fair because I also support handmade and my fellow Etsians ( basically saying I shop a lot on Etsy too).

My Robins Egg Blue collection

Handmade Pillow Pins

Antique saw

Handmade jute stenciled napkin rings

 
Handmade Book Page Wreath

Vintage Tin Molds from Sweden

Handmade fabric napkin ring set

Redesigned vintage chalkboard

Handmade wood shutter star/vintage pie tins

Purposed frame no mirror matted



 MAMA J JEWELS is where you will find my handmade jewelry.   I have what I called jewelry boxes that hold different style collections.  Recently Ive gone back to my roots and created a line of jewelry created from junk.   Junkin Jersey Mama is the collection and Ive gotten a great response....take a look.

Garden Goddess Pendant/Ring Set

Te Amo necklace set

Golden Butterfly cuff

The Teary Traveler necklace

The Seamstress necklace

My dream is to one day own my own shop in a downtown area Main Street (my town actually has one...lol) where I can sell my creations.  Until then I will continue to work hard and create until my dream comes true!


I want to give a big hug to Suze for inviting me over today to meet with you all.   She is a talented mama and a sweetheart of a friend! 

-MJ


Thanks MJ for stopping by and hanging out with us...Now, go see her and say Hi :)

0 Lovely Note(s):